It's easy to get caught up in negativity in the world, politics, family stress, work, etc. which is why it's so important to take the time to show gratitude and love. Check out the following ways to show gratitude this season:
1. Make a playlist for a friend with tunes you think they’ll love.
2. Check up on someone you haven’t heard from in a while
3. Write a thank you note to an old teacher and be specific about what you’re grateful for
4. Compliment a retail worker to their manager--they'll never see it coming!
5. Give a stranger a genuine compliment.
6. Leave a treat for your mail person: a homemade cookie, a hydrating drink, a candy bar.
7. Surprise your significant other at work with their favorite lunch.
8. Call a friend who just achieved something (new job, degree, promotion, etc.) and congratulate them.
9. Put your phone away when you're spending time with someone.
10. Show up to a work meeting with coffee and bagels.
11. Give kudos to a coworker for a job well done.
12. Leave a big tip for good service at a restaurant.
13. Take your significant other's car for a wash.
14. Take the time to teach somebody something new.
15. Gift your favorite book to someone.
16. Leave a good review on Yelp.
17. Pay it forward at your favorite coffee shop--that never gets old.
18. Rake your neighbor's leaves.
19. Bring fresh flowers into the office weekly for a month.
20. Tell a parent you see in public they're doing a great job.